How do Red Hat and Matrix work together
to help start-ups?
"Leveraging one of Red Hat's strongest regional partner relationships, Red Hat Innovate is sponsored by
Matrix in Israel. The initiative is designed to help Start-ups leverage the power, openness, and
collaborative nature of open source. A select group of participating Israeli startups will enjoy potential
worldwide exposure and assistance. Moreover, the partnership between Red Hat and Matrix allows
Israeli startups to receive tailored local benefits, including assistance with initial go-to-market activities."
- Supports open source software
- No Software or program lock-in
- Joint marketing opportunities – Co-branding and joint customer success stories
- No- cost subscriptions until 1.5M$ in Revenue.
- Usage of the Red Hat Ready Partner logo
For more information on the benefits offered by Red Hat
- Matrix represents Red Hat in Israel, including support of Red Hat Innovate with unique additional values and local assistance."
- Networking with top decision makers in relevant local enterprises
- Complementary consulting and expert assistance in the startup's area of expertise (for example, Web Design, Cloud model development and migration, etc.)
- Connect to leading figures in the market for potential business partnerships/alliances.
- Possibility of reselling and distribution of the startup's products and services in Israel.
- Exposure of the startup's to international suppliers represented by Matrix.
- Development and testing services in a near-shore model.
- Provide the option to integrate leading international software solutions into the startup's offering on an OEM agreement basis.
Criteria for acceptance into the program:
Application / acceptance process:Potential startups can apply for the program on the INNOVATE registration website and will forego a screening process.
- An Israeli company that uses Linux, Open source or Java development.
- Private companies that have been established less than three years and have less than $1.5 million in income.
For more information
Matrix represents Red Hat in Israel, including support of Red Hat Innovate with unique additional values and local assistance."
Marketing and sales
- Assistance in setting up appointments with C Level executives of enterprise organizations.
- “Speed dating” with potential customers and investors.
- Shared PR on the Israeli media.
- The possibility of representing the startup in the Israeli market by the Matrix products division, which specializes in the field for the past 20 years. Local representation allows the startup to allocate resources for worldwide activity and in the meantime, create local customers references.
- Exposure of the startups to Matrix partners worldwide.
Tools, methodology and development
- The existing Matrix centers of excellence allow the startups to concentrate on the core product development and enhance their knowledge by utilizing the Matrix specialists .
- These Center of Excellence and experts services will be given at special discounts to the selected companies. The services include :
- Mobile development and testing on different environments.
- iOS development.
- Localization to Hebrew and Arabic
- Architecture, infrastructure, DR and system.
- NOSQL and relational databases.
- SOA integration and cloud development.
- Cloud and API monetization.
- Hosting and CDN.
- Payment and billing
- DW and BI
- Content and knowledge management
- BSM / Command and Control.
- Development and migration to cloud model.
- Data security.
- Testing and QA.
- Development and testing services in a near-shore model that provides high-quality services in a cost-effective business model.
Training and workshops
- Education discounts and benefits for Dan College.
- Designated workshops at the Israel management center (IMC).
- Constructing a formation of tests and proper building of testing strategies.
- Exposure to the world of open source, patent registration, copyright law and legal and financial aspects of working in a SaaS model (by Reinhold Cohen Group).
- Constructing the budget based on recruitment value, connecting with investors and investor maintenance (by Eschindler).
- Digital and social marketing – B2B, B2C and multi-channel marketing.
- Free membership and discounts at Israeli startup organizations
- IGT organization – the Israeli cloud.
- 3 membership for six months.
- 25% off price list after six months.
- HTIA organization – the Israeli hi-tech.
- One-on-one meetings with global key executives and opinion leaders.
- Networking events with VC's and leading companies.
- Hosting foreign delegates looking for Israeli innovation – relevant meetings will be conducted.
- Initiate business-focused delegations abroad.
- 50% off HTIA conference, Israel’s largest global high tech event with hundreds of one-on-one meetings.
- 25% average discount on dozens of affiliate events.
- Up to 80% discount on global research resources.
- Discounts and benefits on additional infrastructure products
- Black-Duck Manageware – Open source component management and
- Six months free usage of Black Duck Code Center - a web-based Open Source Component management system, which allows users to search OSS components via several search engines, get meta-data, select and approve the use of components, build a catalogue and track what components are used, which are approved, where they are used and in what version ($25K annual).
- One Black Duck Protex scan of 30 MB of code for free ($15K).
- Gigamon - Intelligent data access networking – increasing network
performance and information transfer abilities.
- Low-cost appliance for R&D.
- DDS-RTI - One of the most advanced infrastructures for transferring messages at the rate of hundreds of thousands per second without dependency on components between multi-platform systems.
- Full R&D version – non-commercial and no-cost. Does not include email or phone support.
- Significant discounts for support and education.
- Accountants office
- Human resources and administrative services
- Construction and creation of strategy for business models and business development
- Construction of a marketing and social media program